Aims of Talent Match … What does Talent Match offer?
The Talent match programme supports long term unemployed young people aged 18 – 24 who are:-
- Unknown NEETs (young people who do not get benefits, or not involved in any training, education or employment.
- Young people who are not involved in work programmes,
- Young people who are vulnerable, have low self esteem and lack confidence.
What does Talent Match offer?
- Mentoring support for young people through engagement, development and achievement.
- Soft skills development: improving ICT, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Group work: through youth and volunteering projects.
- Employability skills: focused on work experience/ volunteering.
- Skills development: time management / building resilience/ emotional intelligence/ team working.
Who do we work with?
- The Talent Match programme works with unemployed young people from the BD5 and surrounding areaa.
We look to engage young people with low skill levels and work experience.
- We will work with 18 – 24 year olds who are young offenders and at risk groups; and involve young people
engaged in low levels of crime/ anti social behaviour.
- Support unemployed young people who have mental health and learning difficulties and are not engaged with service providers.
Talent Match offers young people work experience and volunteering opportunities @WBYI
- Administration / Office work
- Youth work
- Health and well being
- Environment work
- Sports coaching
- Teaching – classroom assistant